Work Method & Fees
A / “THE GLOBAL APPROACH or INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL APPROACH”:
1. Making Contact:
“FIRST AND FOREMOST, YOU MUST FEEL CONFIDENT AND AT EASE WITH YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISOR AND ABOVE ALL FEEL THAT THEY ARE SOMEONE YOU CAN TRUST.”
This first step is an essential prerequisite to any long-term relationship between you and your adviser. We will meet you and give you all the information concerning our service. This can also be carried out by any internet communication. This step implies no commitment on your part and does not give rise to any remuneration.
2. Discovery Process:
“ONLY BY GETTING TO KNOW YOU CAN WE GIVE YOU OUR BEST ADVICE”
We will take the time to meet and assess your current situation. This includes: your family, inheritance and tax situation, as well as establishing your economic and financial status, and whether you are an expat or in the process of becoming one. Together, we will identify your constraints and draw up a list of your objectives. This step is offered to you and does not require any remuneration.
3. Private Report & Strategic Recommendations:
“THE RELEVANCE OF OUR ADVICE DEPENDS DIRECTLY ON OUR KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES”
After careful analysis of your personal situation and your objectives, a private report will be presented to you. This step is essential. It defines the strategy and the roadmap to follow over time to achieve your objectives. Our goal is to put all our expertise at your disposal while limiting the cost of our actions, so you will only be charged engineering fees if your private report exceeds five hours’ research. Going forward, a fixed amount of fees will be mutually agreed and clearly stipulated in an engagement letter.
4. Implementation of the Solutions:
“OUR INDEPENDENCE IS OUR BEST ASSET”
The implementation of the strategies proposed in the previous phase and the selection of investment vehicles is essential, such as the choice of financial investments, real estate, insurance, banking, and so on. We will independently look for the best investments among a wide range of assets that have been rigorously selected. This intermediation mission allows you to access the best investment solutions at negotiated price conditions. Our firm will receive compensation directly from its partners, and at no extra cost or additional charge to you.
5. Personalised Follow-up:
“A TRUSTING RELATIONSHIP IS CONCEIVED OVER TIME”
Your investments require ongoing attention as requirements and goals change over time. This is why our support, and the trustful relationship we have established at your side, will continue throughout your life, so we can always make optimised recommendations based on your changing situation. As a privilege and a sign of commitment, we offer our clients five complimentary hours of advice every year.
B / “INVESTMENT STRATEGY”:
1. Encryption and projection of your personalised investments
2. Achievement of the objectives
“Whatever “investment strategy” is chosen, our firm will receive compensation directly from its partners, at no extra cost or additional charge for you”
C / “CONSULTANCY WORK”:
You may have a precise question, want to seek legal advice, or request help with your tax declaration and we will be more than happy to help you.
“Our consulting charges are free for the first two hours (which may be consumed through Skype call or teleconferences).
After that free period, we will edit a “engagement letter” and if necessary discuss what further research and engineering work is involved”
If our research leads to a particular investment, no consulting fees will be applied, and we will be paid directly by our partner”
How our fee structure works
We understand that protecting and growing your wealth across two countries can feel complicated, especially in another language.
Our ultimate goals are to find you the smartest investments with the least amount of stress.
That aim is reflected in all aspects of our work, right down to our simplified fee structure.
Remuneration for our investment services is either from:
- Retrocession – such as a referral fee or sales commission by the partner we choose to work with, for example, an insurer who best meets your objectives.
- Clean contract fees – these are deducted directly from the client’s invested capital and consist of set-up fees and annual management costs.
These fees include:
- Permanent legal and tax advice.
- Help with annual tax declaration.
- Any cross-border or general advice.
Consultation fees are calculated by:
- Client assessment – the needs and requirements of the client and related fees will be clearly indicated in the “engagement letter”, which signals the start of our business relationship. No fees are applied, by law, until all parties sign this letter.
The process is as follows:
- Before signing the “engagement letter” we provide risk profiles, introductory documents and our written recommendations to make our investment strategy for the client as clear as possible.
- After signature, clients receive a report summarising the engagement, that way the client’s expectations and DTB Wealth Management’s objectives are crystal clear and in harmony with each other.
To ensure continued accountability and transparency, a trading report will need to be signed every time DTB Wealth Management builds the client’s portfolio.
Transparency is fundamental to our success, and the law demands it, such as the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), the EU’s MiFID II directive and the Distribution d’Assurances (DDA).
Of course, we are happy to accurately answer any questions our clients have, no matter how complex they may be, before and after the engagement letter is signed.